Trillion Broadcast Seeder
The Trillion-Broadcast Seeder meets the challenge for shallow seed placement in a prepared seedbed by broadcast seeding on the surface and achieving seed-to-soil contact with two heavy duty cultipacker rollers.
The result is a broadcast seeding, eliminating the row effect, on a prepared seedbed planted at a shallow depth.
Trillion seed boxes utilize the standard Truax design to handle a variety of seed types…
- A small seed box in front for legumes or other small, smooth, slick seed types
- A fluffy seed box in the middle with an auger/agitator and picker wheels for those hard to seed fluffy seeds.
- A cool season seed box in the back for some grass species or cover crops.
- Row dividers in the small seed and fluffy seed boxes keep seed distributed across the machine.
- Row dividers can be added to the cool season box as an option.
- A derailleur style speed changer controls seed output from the fluffy seed box.
- Separate slide levers on the small seed and cool season boxes set the openings for seed flow to the fluted seed metering cups.
- Seed output from each seed box is calibrated independent from the other boxes.
- The leading roller crushes clods, removes air pockets, and presses down small stones forming a smooth, firm seedbed in front of seed drop.
- The second cultipacker roller splits the shallow ridges formed by the front roller, gently firming the soil around the seeds, ensuring shallow seed placement and excellent seed-to-soil contact.
- These notched rollers create little pockets on the soil surface to trap moisture. Seeds are placed in the top 1/4″ -1/2″ of soil for rapid germination and seedling development.
The Trillion is available in three seeding widths; 5 feet, 8 feet, or 10 feet.
- The 5 foot model is available only for 3-point hook-up.
- The 8 foot model is available for either 3-point hook-up or with transport wheels.
- The 10 foot model is available only with transport wheels.
- All models transfer the weight of the seeding unit to the cultipacker rollers for improved soil firming.
|End Transport Wheels||N/A||Yes||Yes|
|Weight (w/o Transport Wheels) (Ibs)||1,650||2,300||1,650|
|Weight (w/ Transport Wheels) (lbs)||N/A||2,650||3,000|
|Seed Box Capacity (Bushels/Foot)|
|1) Legume (small seed)||0.25||0.25||0.25|
|2) Fluffy (warm season)||1.01||1.01||1.01|
|3) Cool Season/Grain||1.10||1.10||1.10|